Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A chair by any other name....

I introduce you to the Ikea Ivar chair... my new blank slate.


It could be anything. I need your help! Help me give it a personality.


<< Here someone stained it and then wrapped the rungs in sisal rope, I dooo love my sisal rope!


Not having a dresser has left our bedroom looking like Old Navy during a Black Friday Sale. It's very stressful waking up in a room that I am constantly hating. But its coming together, slowly. My husband always hangs things on the footboard, which then fall to the ground because the footboard is not meant for things to hang on it. SO.. I thought I should get something for him to be able to sit on to put socks and shoes on, or hang his military uniform on. In comes the chair.

Personally I would really really really like the Josette Chair in Frenchy from Pier 1, but I can't get to one any time soon and they don't ship any more. (insert choice phrases here)

<< Oohhh!!! Ahhhh!! just look at it!! GAH! love.

I was thinking I could paint or stain the Ivar chair in black but Ikea was out. I saw that they had white but it looked like a pointless color as it left a slight frost to the wood.. ehhh. I can always get paint.

**While I'm at it-- who the freak puts all the stain in a corner unit so that when you're searching for a specific color you have to reach CLEAR in the back of a corner? Also.. it was completely unorganized! Random colors all over the place!**

Flipping through a catalog for Uppercase Living, I saw a chair I immediately fell in love with. It looks like they upholstered the seat with a burlap, canvas or a linen and then stenciled numbers on to it. I could do our anniversary date (079). Wouldn't that be cute for our bedroom? I just love the way that looks, not to mention that freaking awesome mirror above the fireplace!

I did see a black chair at Ikea for about the same price but they were sold out. Go figure. I was hoping that would save me some time in the painting department. Oh well, I can always make the first chair and use it in my entryway as a place to put your shoes on. The ideas are a-plenty!














No comments:

Post a Comment