Monday, February 8, 2016

Urban Farming

I recently watched a documentary called Urban Fruit. It followed a few city dwellers who were fed up with not knowing where their food was coming from and decided to take matters into their own hands. While I can't say that this is something I would ever consider doing (I kill plants), I found it incredibly interesting. I'm a big believer in the whole "farm to table" movement when it comes to fresh ingredients. Food should be whole, in its best state, and unadulterated. Not corporately owned, chemically treated and genetically modified. If I personally knew someone who had a small crop of their own I would definitely help support them. I think that the people that have the time and knowledge to do this are amazing and we need more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment