Thursday, June 30, 2011

First Post!

Hey everyone.. been meaning to get this thing started for months now. It's definitely not completely ready for reading.. just wanted to get this thing off the ground.

This blog is a nod at the yester-days... cleaning without harsh chemicals, cooking from scratch, sewing your own pillows, and the like. If Grandma could do it-- why can't we? Simple tricks and tips from the past to help you out daily.

Within the last year we moved over seas. Living without American conveniences has definitely changed my point of view. I don't have the luxury of walmart or whole foods anymore and have had to come up with my own way of doing things. Join me as I turn my daily chores back a couple years.

Quick tip of the day:

If you're a pet owner you know what its like with all that fur floating around the house. I've got 2 cats, one of which is a long haired black cat. I've found the best way to clean up excessive pet hair on fabric is to take a simple dishwashing glove (yes those goofy rubber ones that your grandma used to use) and slip it on your hand. Then brush your hand in one direction down the item (ex. a pillow) and the pet hair will gather and you can easily toss it!

Keep posted for more quick tips, cleaning, and cooking ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment